Tuesday, April 15, 2008

载不动,许多愁

I hate Monday, and I hate Tuesday. No, I hate weekdays. Waking up early has never been so hard before, and when you think it is of no difference between work and school, you'd be wrong. This is because it is more taxing on your energy while working in Paya Lebar (+ Bukit Timah) than studying in Bukit Timah. And by the time you are home it's like 7++ already.

"It's the about the same time you got home everyday from school what..."

Yes, yes. Being an Art student (hello, I am really one) is tough because of the odd subject combi. My subject combi. are LEP, AEP, Math, and Econs (LAME) which will really render you a lame person after the school. To listen for 2-3 hours to our poor Ms. Kee, who's going through art history isn't 盖的. And when the lesson ended with the sun still in the sky, Zhengyou and I would cry for joy, something like "Pow, we m..made it! sobs*" "pat* pat* yes, Zhengyou, we made it, we are going home"

Sounds as if we are POWs of the Auschwitz who survived WW2.

Not until we realise that there's still Practical lesson to go on T-T

But such pain is nothing. It's nothing when you compare it to work, particularly in relief teaching. Although the lesson only lasts for a mere 2 hours and 40 minutes, but you will spend the other 5 more hours just to prepare and brainstorm whatever you are going to teach later, and the anxiety of how to tame those students will freak you out, especially for those lower sec students. They are really kids.

And when you finish your lesson you are supposed to shut down everything and clear the room yourself (they simply didn't listen to my instructions). And then you will have to wait until you have fulfilled the 5.5 hours quota, so that you can leave.

It's like a National Geographic documentary film each time i am trying to wake up. Really. I struggled like a newly born butterfly trying to emerge from its pupal. And even if i am already awake, I barely move. Again it's just like a newly-emerged butterfly which can't fly until the wings are unfolded, and has to spend some time inflating its wings with blood and letting them dry.

--------------------------------------------------------

But, I feel more exhausted recently, probably because of many worries- worry about my Uni application, worry about my future, worry about my expenditure, worry about the unexpected outcome and many other uncertainties. And about Zhu Chuan too.

What should I do?

--------------------------------------------------------

闻说东海风尚好,也拟骑铁马。只恐滩上骑铁马,载不动,许多愁

Posted by Pow at 9:32 AM



yinghernp@gmail.com
read blog in chinese
read blog in english

adrian
andy
cherngyu
daoteng
jasmine
jensen
jianwei
justin
kiamian
leeheng
lixi
nigel
puikit
samuel
shanchin
shinchiann
sieyen
sylvia
terence
terry
xianyong
xihui
yunzhou
yuyin
zhengyou
zhongwei
zijia
zongxiao