"I AM PATRIOTIC AND I AM SYMPATHETIC"
I am starting to get annoyed by the little emoticon "(L) CHINA" when the craze first started. Tell me, what's the significance of putting it in? To show that you are patriotic? To show that you still support the CCP? To show that you are against the Tibet Freedom?
Not putting the "(L) CHINA" WILL NOT make you an un-patriotic person, nor it will make you a separatist or someone who supports Tibet Freedom. Furthermore, I get even more furious when i see tons of these XYZs (who are gonna stay in the United States and won't be returning to their motherland) putting the damn "(L) CHINA" on their MSN. I doubt your sincerity and patriotism.
Again, this reminds me of this notorious comment made by one of the MP/PM (i chose not to disclose the names, otherwise you won't be seeing me blogging next week, i will in the cell writing Mein Kampf) who said: "The Malaysian Chinese are not patriotic because they never waved their flags (plus never put flags on their rooftop and cars and never wear shirts with national flag and never sing national anthem and never tattoo national flag and during the National day and ....blah blah blah), whereas the Malays are so patriotic that they have waved their flags and sang the national anthem loudly."
Wa, very patriotic right. PUI
I don’t like physical symbols of supposed patriotism. Anyone can wave a flag, the same goes to the "(L) CHINA". To me, patriotism means treating your country like how you treat your parents. Our parents raise us from birth and though we may not agree on certain things, we accept them for who they are. True patriotism comes from the heart and it should not be forced upon. Waving flags and erecting them in your homes and cars, do not make you more patriotic than those who work hard (and paid a lion's share of the income tax) for the nation and live peacefully. In fact, outward display of symbols is seen as a sign of arrogance and narcissism.
One of the articles of the Bernama argued that “Anyone can wave a Malaysian flag or march in a National Day parade but this does not necessarily mean that he or she is a patriot. And conversely, the fact that someone refrains from such actions does not mean that he or she is unpatriotic.”
Dato’ Donald Lim, the Timbalan Menteri Penerangan said that "Patriotism is a live sense of responsibility. Being INTANGIBLE, it concerns the spirit, emotion and the love for the country and with them would come one's desire, determination, confidence and courage to work for the betterment of the nation."
Look at this
I agreed wholly with him. And that brings us to another event which happened recently- the 7.8 Earthquake in China. Lots of People died or trapped under the rubble, and both the government and the NGOs are trying their best to help the victims, be it food supply, medicine via airlift, donation etc.
But some people made the same stupid mistake again. Now they are putting another (F), or otherwise a flower emoticon in front of their msn nick, When i asked them "for what"...
"to show that you are concerned for the well being of those victims la, duh!" said XXX
I wanted to puke. Now what? "(F) (L) CHINA"?
It's as good as telling your whole msn social network that "I AM PATRIOTIC AND I AM SYMPATHETIC"
I am utterly disappointed with them. Do you think you have saved them by typing a mere "(F)"? Do you think you will be classified as one of the sympathetic few? Let me tell you (although it's rhetorical), it isn't! If you are really sympathetic about them and you want to do something about it, then be part of the action! Be philantropy, make an effort to donate your money and save them! Don't just sit there and type "(F)" in front of your msn nick, thinking that electricity can save them! YOU MUST ACT!
I have donated my money, HAVE YOU?
Posted by Pow at 2:47 PM