An Irritating Truth
Life's really mundane, to the extent that i am trying to play some old games that i haven't been playing for ages, i.e. Red Alert 2. But anyway, now I have taken the NUS aptitude test and it hasn't changed my life either because I WASN'T selected for the NUS industrial art's interview. That's sad for me because only mingjie is selected for the interview, the rest of the AEP weren't even selected for the interview, sigh, so I must conclude that AEP is a big fai...... wait a minute, what does this sentence mean:
"* Students whose names are not in the interview list are not required to attend the interview. The Office of Admission will notify you the outcome of your application in due course. Thank you!"
Ohhhh, now i know why, LOL.
Err, yeah. That means if you are already qualified for the test, you are not required to attend the interview. Jiayou! Cherngchu!
_
****************************************************
_
Well, I kept dozing off during work these few days because I only had little sleep =_=
I really want to play computer games....but no time to do so because of some random organisation who keeps exploiting my talent for free. Grr
I sound like a kid who likes to whine about anything but i really can't take it anymore. I shall tell you the whole story about it:
I was asked by my friend to help her friend to "beautify" a website (yeah, BEAUTIFY) which involves remaking of a navigation bar. I promised to help her reluctantly because I am occupied with my own job, my portfolio making etc. What's more, I don't reject one's pleading for help especially if he/she's my friend. So I approached the organisation to offer my help. And that person told me to "beautify" the site and i was like "huh, i thought i am only supposed to beautify the nav bar only 的?"
"haha, it's up to you lah, as long as you make it look nice can already lah"
Wow, so liberal wor. I knew it wasn't going to be that easy. The website was done by the other guy, so i had to decipher the code and re-engineer it. It took me a couple of hours on it. So i finished my task, and i showed it to the person in charge. She said it looks okay, but when the chairman came to look at it he asked me to revamp the whole site, in other words, to start a website anew! And he demanded me to finish it by the next day because "their project is very urgent".
Hey, I am not even part of the team and i saw no reason why i should do it, so i "negotiated" with them to submit the design in 3 days. Still, it's very packed up because to finish a website in 3 days is impossible when you still have to work in the day. I ended up sleeping at 3am for 3 days straight, and on one ocassion, i even fainted on the bus while i was on the way home. I complained it to the person-in-charge and she said "oh, we are very busy too, we always sleep at 1am"
Yes, yes, you are busy. Because you ought to be busy what! You are in the team leh, and I am not even part of the group and i (totally) have no obligation to work for you. I wanted to quit but i finished the site anyway. Of course, they were impressed by the site and the chairman was very happy with it.
So now you think i could finally rest in peace? NO, you are completely wrong, the real shit has just only begun.
The next day, I was invited by the chairman to join the Exco as a "token of appreciation" and "gratitude". Well, the implication is pretty much clear - I am too useful and too easy to exploit, therefore they want to "keep" me by assigning me a post called "webmaster". It's 齐天大圣 in chinese in case you don't know. Great, so now i am stuck in this shit.
A series of nightmares started to come:
.
Day 4: "err, can help me change this layout, add the image, i want you to add one more nav button"
Day 5: "hihi, change the image to this instead"
Day 6: "i think you should use this image, sorry for troubling you, xinkunile XD"
Day 7: "can add one more page? put this content in, oh yeah, can make the homepage nicer? some members requested it de, just a suggestion la"
(...."just a suggestion" hor? what if i don't do it? The chairman will still come and demand it to be done immediately =_=)
Day 8: the chairman came, showed me a site which i reckoned that the site could have cost the company $5K or more. "hmm, maybe we can do a website like that, just a suggestion"
(Again, "just a suggestion" hor? And what the hell is "WE can do a website like that"? WE? I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS BEEN DOING THE WEBSITE ALONE ALL THE WHILE.)
Day 9: "eh, sorry hor, can edit the date and this and this and put up the info and ....and...and..."
Day 10 ....so on and so forth.
.
So I have been changing and editing over and over again. What really annoyed me is that, they thought the effort made to amend those stuff were easy and shouldn't take too much time. I really wanted to shoot them in their cranium.
FUCK YOU NYEC
The opportunity cost of this is large, because i am forced to put this thing on my first priority, and yet i am not paid for this. I know i shouldn't be materialistic here but this is really ridiculous. Seriously, WTF?
I am gonna retract my love for website making if this happens again, I swear.
Labels: whining
Posted by Pow at 10:30 AM