Frankly speaking, most of my personalites and identiy were scultped by the Chinese High School back then in 2002. I am no one if it wasn't for the school who helped shape my identity. I could have been another ah beng or ah seng if I were to stay in Malaysia for 6 years. No offense to fellow Malaysians, but face the truth - if you are gonna stay in such an environment where there are so many bad influences for 6 years of your secondary education, it's hard to be clean, unless you are a lotus. I simply couldn't imagine myself being an ah beng smoking around the corner and then walk around in gangs beating up pple that you do not like. A mere persuasion by Wai Fung could make me pon lessons for street soccer, let alone a whole gang of ah bengs asking me to join the Ah Long Pte Ltd.
And so I was given a user ID which spent the rest of the 4 years of my entire secondary education with me, y02chs158. Some may regard this user ID as an insignificant part of their life, but to me, y02chs158 gave me something i didn't have in the past, an identity that made me one of the students of the old school, it bears the name "CHS" in which the current Hwachong students are no longer privileged to own it. It's more precious than a school badge, it gives me the access to the internet, the EMB (SMB), the VLE (iVLE), etc, and it is essentially my identity on the web. y02chs158 was the ID for whatever that's related to the internet, be it Project's Day website submission, internet log in, sabbaticals and stuff. Of course, it's also my username for Counterstrike and Battlefield.
And it is absolutely fun to use y02chsXXX as your codename. I even managed to remember most of my closest friends' ID that time. For example, Yunzhou's ID: y02chs156 (in case you don't know, refer to his email address, lol), etc. Imagine the whole CT team in the Counterstrike using y02chsxxx as your codename, how fun would that be.
But the name could no longer follow me to my tertiary education.
I will have another ID which will replace y02chs158, and y02chs158 will cease to function as my long-time ID, just like my student pass. I have just received the mail from NTU that my new network ID is PO0001RN, and my email address is PO0001RN@ntu.edu.sg, and that's just sound so wrong, so wrong that when you receive a mail by PO0001RN@ntu.edu.sg asking for help, you would straightaway dump it into the junk mail. I know my surname is Pow, so I guess the breakdown of my user ID is probably like: POW,serial number of student having this surname: 0001, 2 random alphabetical code: RN. And that gives you PO0001RN.
Well done, y02chs158, you are now called PO0001RN.